The Government has announced that financial support will be available to communities like Charnwood which have been impacted by Storm Henk.
Charnwood Borough Council is awaiting more detail on how people can access the support, but we will communicate this as soon as possible.
The best way to stay informed about this support is to sign up to the borough council’s email alerts www.charnwood.gov.uk/alerts (in particular the Charnwood Now latest news email alert).
The Government announcement said the financial support will be available to eligible areas in England that have experienced exceptional localised flooding.
Help will be available for:
- Flooded households in eligible affected areas, who can apply for up to £500 cash to help with immediate costs.
- Households and businesses significantly affected, who will be eligible for 100% council tax and business rates relief for at least 3 months.
- Small-to-medium sized businesses in eligible affected areas, who can apply for up to £2,500 from the Business Recovery Grant to help them return quickly to business as usual.
- Eligible flood-hit property owners, who can apply for up to £5,000 to help make their homes and businesses more resilient to future flooding via the Property Flood Resilience Repair Grant Scheme.
- Farmers who have suffered uninsurable damage to their land will be able to apply for grants of up to £25,000 through the Farming Recovery Fund towards repair and reinstatement costs for farmers adversely affected by exceptional flooding.